Sunday, January 10, 2010

Stupid is as stupid does, Forrest's mom knew what she was talking about!

Today's Top News

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. In today's top news story I learned that protesting the wearing of leather at a biker rally might not be the smartest thing in the world to do. One of the protest organizers was quoted in the article, “Something just went wrong,” said a still visibly shaken organizer of the protest. “Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong.”  I know you are wondering about the rest of this story so just click here to read all about it.

Today's That Really Sucks

In the wee hours of the morning, one of the couples I know posted that they had just returned from their tropical vacation to below freezing temperatures here in Dallas. That does suck but it gets better. The airlines had lost their luggage. Ok, that sucks too but, I know you're thinking, so what, big deal! I present you now with the pièce de résistance, their car keys were packed in the lost luggage!

I know they made it home a couple of hours later.  There was no explanation of how though. I do wonder which one of them did it and if there are some frosty feelings from the event going on at their house today or if they are laughing about it.

This incident serves as a reminder, always put your most important things in your carry on bag.

Today's Great Quote

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
I can't help but think somehow this quote really sums up the day and found it funny that it was posted there just for me to add to my blog.  God works in mysterious ways. :o)

What did you learn on Facebook today?

1 comment:

  1. I love love love that quote. I may have to "borrow" it from you.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...