Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Marijuana, Highs & Lows

Today's Top News

Marijuana was the talk of the news today.  There were lots of stories about California wanting to make pot legal. Part of the reasoning behind it is to raise revenue since the state is like ahh, broke! Which is a technical term by the way. My conclusion is that if it didn't help the state to raise money at least no one would care.

On that same subject, I also learned that way back when in the late 1800's marijuana was prescribed for asthma. There is a nifty bit o' trivia for you!

Today's Little Excitement

I see small business websites all the time touting that if you join their Facebook fan page just by being a fan you can win stuff.  When I run across those sites I'm like what the heck, why not. I'm not the luckiest person ever but I'll give it a shot.  Well, I won, I won, I won! I felt like the dad in A Christmas Story movie.  Today I won a vintage looking jeweled ring from http://www.etsy.com/shop/ablastfromthepast  She has some really sparkly cool jewelry so check out her store. This was my high point on Facebook for sure.

Today's Event Invitation

I was invited today to attend a weight loss seminar. Which brought me down a notch after my big win. It just opened a whole can of worms and reminded me of the five stages of grief.  Denial - I'm not fat! Anger - Who the hell do they think they are? am I really that fat? Bargaining - Well, maybe I could just change my profile picture and nobody would think I was fat. Depression - Why bother, it's no use, I'll just go get a hot fudge sundae. Acceptance - I guess the universe is trying to tell me something and I should just go with it.


What did you learn on Facebook today?



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...