Friday, June 18, 2010

Scary Stupid, Scary, & Just Stupid

Today's Top News

There's nothing funny about today's news. I got a serious WTH!?  moment after reading this:

A New England school district has approved a measure that will provide free condoms to elementary school students and direct teachers not to comply with parental wishes to the contrary.


Seriously?  I'm not old fashion by any means but since when did this become ok?  Do schools feel like they can do whatever they want because parents have become dependent on them?  I know I have issues with the schools my children go to but they don't even come close to the above.


The article went on to say:


School superintendent Beth Singer supported the instruction aspect of the rule – explaining that younger boys and girls might not be experienced in such adult matters.


We’re talking about younger kids,” she told the newspaper. “They have questions they need answered on how to use them, when to use them.”

Please tell me that I'm not the only one that thinks these people have no business around children!


If you want to read the whole article about this whole sick mess click here.



Today's Time Waster


I saw the above posted to a friend's status today.  It's from some game called FrontierVille.  Now in all honesty I can't say that I have any knowledge about the game so I don't know how my friend managed to scare away that bear but my best guess is that she invited him to be a friend on FarmerVille, Mafia Wars and Pet Land.

Today's  Crazy Person

I'm sure we all have one of these...

Friend's Status:  I'm just not happy.
Someone Comments:  Why not? What's wrong?
Friend Comments:  I don't want to talk about it.


What did you learn on Facebook today?



2 comments:

  1. I posted that link on f/b about the condoms and titled it "Another Reason to Homeschool"

    Yes, I have checked out frontierland. LOL

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...